An important resource for scholarly research, grey literature is relevant to every discipline. It’s also often more current than commercial publications. Unfortunately, though it provides a richness of content, this type of scholarly resource is often overlooked when conducting research. This book aims to change that, describing the importance of grey literature and offering a holistic approach to successfully integrating it into library collections. Readers will learn
- an overview of grey literature that discusses its importance to researchers, scholars, and students;
- collections policies for selection and deselection, complete with a suggested workflow;
- information about vendors, OA, and other aspects of acquisitions;
- guidance on cataloging, such as collection categories in the public-facing catalog, and preservation; and
- methods for promoting grey literature in library collections, including institutional repositories; and
- tips for marketing, branding, outreach, and best communication practices for colleagues, administrators, and patrons.